Warren joins “Mayors for Main Street” Alliance (Mayor Mick Marion, Deputy Mayor George Lazo) credit: B. Nemcek
Mayor Mick Marion is pleased to join in the “Mayors on Main Street” initiative representing the following Mayors and communities:
• Mayor Zachery Bray, Raritan Borough, Somerset County
• Mayor Richard Onderko, Manville Borough, Somerset County
• Mayor Doug Tomson, Hillsborough Township, Somerset County
• Mayor Jason Cilento, Dunellen Borough, Middlesex County
• Mayor Christine Serrano Glassner, Mendham Borough, Morris County
• Mayor Sarah Neibart, Mendham Township, Morris County
• Mayor Mayor Larry Jacobs, Bedminster, Somerset County
• Mayor James Baldassare, Bernards, Somerset County
• Mayor Mary Jane Canose, Bernardsville, Somerset County
• Mayor Matthew Moench, Bridgewater, Somerset County
• Mayor Paul Vallone, Far Hills, Somerset County
Mayor Marion stated, “This crisis has created havoc, not only on our residents, but has also created an added burden on local businesses. We can’t sit idly by and watch our local economies suffer to the point of non-existence. This necessary localized action is a prudent and cautious step forward.”
The Mayors for “Main Street” Alliance will advocate for a swift and safe reopening of businesses within their communities. Direct outreach will be made to the Governor’s Office for immediate action, as well as asking County, State and Federal officials, representing their residents to do more for the businesses and residents suffering. The Alliance will also coordinate local policies when appropriate, share ideas from their communities, and work together to a comprehensive regional approach to economic success of their local businesses.
As the Mayor and Warren Township Committee believe that the reopening of businesses in Warren and neighboring communities is vital to our local economy, the Township Committee has endorsed the Township’s participation in this initiative.